Porcelain veneers offer superior benefits over other cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as dental crowns or braces. The fingernail-thin shells, which are adhered to the front surface, solve a myriad of aesthetic problems with just one treatment. Here is a list of the top 10.
- Natural looking – Porcelain is a translucent material that mimics the look, luster, and feel of enamel.
- Whiten – When adhered to the front surface of your teeth, veneers you’re your teeth look instantly whiter.
- Straighten – Veneers offer a great alternative for patients with crooked teeth who do not want to endure the process of having their teeth straightened with dental braces.
- Fix – Veneers can fill in and improve the look of teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Fill in gaps – Veneers can be customized to repair smiles with unsightly gaps.
- Youthful – A whiter, brighter, more lustrous smile can immediately you’re your face a more youthful appearance.
- Conservative – Unlike other cosmetic procedures that require removing a large portion of healthy, natural teeth, veneers can be applied with little alteration.
- Protection – Once applied, the veneers also serve to provide a protective shield to the front surface of teeth.
- Stain resistant — Porcelain is stain resistant, which will make your smile stay brighter and whiter longer.
- Gum friendly – Gum tissue is not irritated by porcelain.
For more information on porcelain veneers or any other cosmetic dentistry procedure, contact Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Inlays and onlays are frequently used to restore teeth that are severely damaged by decay or wear. They are usually applied to the chewing surfaced of the back teeth. They provide more strength than a filling and are more conservative than a full crown.
A porcelain onlay is fabricated to fit your tooth precisely and is bonded tightly in place to strengthen and protect the damaged tooth. Like a crown, an onlay covers and protects the tooth’s biting surface. Where a crown covers the entire tooth, an onlay fits inside the tooth cusps and covers only the biting surfaces. Because an onlay is fabricated in a dental laboratory, it takes two or more appointments to restore a tooth with a porcelain onlay.
If you have teeth that are damaged by decay and wear contact Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA to find out what your dental options are; 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root that is placed into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. According to Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejio, CA, dental implants are an ideal option for people in good general oral health who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. Dental implants are natural-looking and feeling and under proper conditions, such as placement by a diligent patient maintenance, implants can last a lifetime.
What do Dental Implants Do?
- Replace one or more teeth
- Support a bridge and reduce the need for a partial denture.
- Provide support for a denture, making it more secure and comfortable.
Types of Implants
- Endosteal (in the bone): Most commonly used type of implant. Screws, cylinders or blades are surgically placed into the jawbone.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone): These are placed on top of the jaw with the metal framework’s
Dental Implants vs Dentures or a Bridge
Esthetically dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. Since dental implants integrate into the structure of your bone, they prevent the bone loss and gum recession that often happen with bridgework and dentures.
Neighboring teeth are not changed to support the implant as with a bridge. More of your own teeth are left untouched, a significant long-term benefit to your oral health.
Dental implants are secure. You don’t have to worry when speaking or eating. No messy pastes and glue. You will go about your daily routine with confidence and comfort.
The success rate of dental implants is highly predictable. They are considered an excellent option for tooth replacement.
Are Dental Implants Right for You?
Ideally you need to be in good oral health and have adequate bone in your jaw to support the implant. In addition you will need healthy gum tissue, free of periodontal disease.
To learn more about Dental Implants contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or visit their website at www.pacificparkdental.com.
Dental veneers are thin layers of composite resin or porcelain which are fitted right onto the surface of the tooth. They are very popular among patients with discolored, crooked or misaligned teeth. Veneers are made to give you a beautiful, straight white smile. Most people don’t know there are two different types of veneers to choose from. Cosmetic dentist Dr. Bryan Cramm of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA offers some insight on both types of veneers.
The two types of veneers are composite resin veneers and porcelain veneers. The following are facts on both types of veneers.
- Last about 4-8 years with proper maintenance.
- Made of high quality reinforced plastic. Given today’s high-end technology these veneers look and feel very good, but under pressure they can damage quite easily.
- Have a porous surface, which can affect their look after years of use.
- Stain more easily. Often needing whitening treatments to maintain their appearance.
- Chip easily.
- Porcelain veneers on the other hand last up to 25 years and do not require as much maintenance.
- Made of high quality porcelain, natural in color and more resistant.
- Maintain strength and appearance over several decades.
- Do not stain because of the non-porous material.
Ultimately the choice is yours as to which type of veneer you choose to give you that beautiful smile you have always dreamed of. For more information on both types of veneers and to see which is right for you, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193. Visit our website www.pacificparkdental.com.
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, certain foods naturally cleanse, brighten, and defend against bacteria that can harm your teeth and gums.
The following 10 foods were recommended by the academy for a healthy, brighter smile.
- Pineapples can help whiten teeth. Pineapples contain an enzyme called bromelain, which acts as a natural stain remover. Bromelain also helps break up plaque.
- Ginger can protect against periodontal disease, an inflammatory process that causes the loss of bone and supportive connective tissue in your mouth.
- Carrots contain vitamin A, which is needed for healthy tooth enamel. Eating them raw stimulates saliva, your mouth’s natural cleanser.
- Basil is a natural antibiotic that reduces bacteria in the mouth.
- Cheese is rich in protein, calcium, and phosphorus, all of which help reduce acid in your mouth.
- Sesame seeds help “scrub” away the plaque on your teeth. Chewing nuts can also provide this coarse, scrubbing action. Sesame seeds also contain bone and teeth-strengthening calcium.
- Shiitake mushrooms contain a compound called lentinan, which inhibits bacteria from growing in your mouth.
- Onions contain the sulfur compounds, thiosulfinates and thiosulfonates, which reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay. Eating them raw is a must as cooking will destroy these tooth-friendly compounds.
- Salmon not only provides calcium but also vitamin D, another nutrient needed for healthy bones and teeth.
- Broccoli contains iron, which helps form an acid-resistant film or barrier that can protect the enamel of your teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry or other ways to brighten your smile, contact Pacific Park Dental of Aliso Viejo, CA at 949-831-4193. Visit their website at www.pacificparkdental.com.
Are you tired of having yellow, stained teeth, despite your strict daily dental hygiene? You are not alone. There are millions of people suffering from the same problem. So if you brush, floss and visit your dentist regularly then why are your teeth still discolored? This happens because the outer layers of your teeth get stained over the years by consumption of beverages with caffeine, soda, wine and smoking. When these outside sources of staining are left to sit on the teeth all day until your next brushing, the dentin on your teeth becomes yellowish or darkened. The best way to help your stained discolored teeth is with one of the easiest cosmetic dentistry procedures, professional teeth whitening.
Contributing factors to yellowing, stained teeth:
- Tetracycline based antibiotics used before the age of 8 years old
- Excessive exposure to fluoride as a child
- Internal bleeding due to trauma
- Discoloration due to a health condition
- Natural aging- as time goes by enamel gets thinner and thinner and will get a yellowish hue
Simple rules to live by to try and stop the yellowing process:
- Visit your dentist regularly for teeth cleanings
- Rinse your mouth out with water several times throughout the day
- Use toothpaste with whitening agents
One of the best ways to whiten your teeth is to visit your dentist for professional tooth whitening. You deserve a beautiful white smile. Contact Dr. Bryan Cramm of Pacific Park Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Aliso Viejo, CA 949-831-4193 or www.bryancrammdds.com.
Crowns are a cap placed over a tooth to restore its strength and appearance. Crowns have several uses such as to protect a weak or broken tooth. Also, crowns are used to cover a large filling or help support a bridge. Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA lists the top 10 advantages of crowns.
- Natural Looking – Porcelain and composite crowns have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Durable – Last up to fifteen years depending on their care.
- Stain Resistant – Made from porcelain
- Cosmetic – Improve the look of broken, cracked or discolored teeth
- Non-slipping – Crowns are cemented or anchored in place
- Protection – Crowns protect the tooth from further decay
- Restorative – Restores full function of your damaged tooth
- Comfort – Stable and do not irritate gums like partial dentures.
- Speech – Missing teeth and dentures can affect speech. Crowns replace the missing teeth and do not slip around, making speech sound more clear.
- Confidence – Damaged, discolored or missing teeth causes confidence issues. Crowns help to make your smile beautiful again.
If you have a broken, chipped, stained or damaged tooth, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
If you are an adult who needs braces, you may be apprehensive about getting big metal braces that are not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. You want to feel confident about your smile not only after your braces come off, but during. Invisalign invisible braces provide straightening treatment while looking your best!
Invisalign works by using a series of custom-made, nearly undetectable aligners. Whether your teeth are crowded, too far apart or have shifted, Invisalign may be right for you. Upon an initial examination, Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental, Aliso Viejo, CA will decide if Invisalign is right for you. He will then write a treatment plan and take an impression of your teeth. Thanks to the latest advances in 3-D computer technology, Invisalign carefully translates Dr. Cramm’s instructions into a series of precisely customized aligners. The aligners will move your teeth gradually week by week until you achieve the smile you have always desired.
Also, it’s important to remember that even though you may want to straighten your teeth for cosmetic reasons, straighter teeth and a proper bite are beneficial to periodontal health.
Don’t wait another day! Get those braces you’ve always needed without compromising your confidence. Make an appointment with Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
The only one who can really tell if it’s time for you to get dentures is your dentist. Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Aliso Veijo, CA has the expert knowledge and expertise to suggest dentures after a thorough examination of your teeth and mouth. If dentures are suggested by Dr. Cramm, there are several denture options available and he will help you decide which is best for you.
The following are some signs that you are a good candidate for dentures:
Severe tooth decay: if the teeth are so decayed they are beyond repair, then they will need to be pulled. If it’s only a few teeth, a bridge can be used. If a majority of the teeth are decayed or missing, a full denture would be needed.
Physical Injury: People with sports injuries or accidents which lead to tooth loss.
Periodontal disease: If teeth and gums are left untreated, periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss.
Thanks to the modern advancements in technology, dentures are not what they used to be. There are several options available from different shapes, sizes, colors and the new implant supported dentures. They are custom fitted to give you the smile you have always wanted and no one will have to know you are wearing dentures.
Don’t be afraid to get dentures! Make an appointment today 949-831-4193 or www.bryancrammdds.com.
Porcelain veneers are one of the top cosmetic dentistry procedures. The longevity of your porcelain veneers greatly depends on how well you take care of them. Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA offers some suggestions for properly taking care of your porcelain veneers.
Good Oral Care at Home: Brush and floss daily with a nonabrasive toothpaste containing fluoride. Good oral care at home helps prevent periodontitis which can cause your gums to recede. Veneers are placed right at the gum line. If your gums do start to recede the appearance of your veneers could be compromised.
Avoid excessive force: No biting your fingernails, hairpins, ice or hard candy. These types of things can break or dislodge a veneer.
No clenching and grinding your teeth: By grinding your teeth your veneers can be chipped or broken due to the force generated by these actions. If you suffer from bruxism at night, talk to Dr. Cramm about a night guard to protect your teeth and veneers.
Steer Clear of Staining Foods and Drink: Although porcelain veneers are very resistant to staining the cement used to hold them in place can stain over time. Try to avoid coffee, tea, soda, wine and tobacco.
Contact Dr. Cramm DDS 949-831-4193 for more information on porcelain veneers or to make an appointment. Visit his website www.pacificparkdental.com.