Are you tired of having yellow, stained teeth, despite your strict daily dental hygiene? You are not alone. There are millions of people suffering from the same problem. So if you brush, floss and visit your dentist regularly then why are your teeth still discolored? This happens because the outer layers of your teeth get stained over the years by consumption of beverages with caffeine, soda, wine and smoking. When these outside sources of staining are left to sit on the teeth all day until your next brushing, the dentin on your teeth becomes yellowish or darkened. The best way to help your stained discolored teeth is with one of the easiest cosmetic dentistry procedures, professional teeth whitening.
Contributing factors to yellowing, stained teeth:
- Tetracycline based antibiotics used before the age of 8 years old
- Excessive exposure to fluoride as a child
- Internal bleeding due to trauma
- Discoloration due to a health condition
- Natural aging- as time goes by enamel gets thinner and thinner and will get a yellowish hue
Simple rules to live by to try and stop the yellowing process:
- Visit your dentist regularly for teeth cleanings
- Rinse your mouth out with water several times throughout the day
- Use toothpaste with whitening agents
One of the best ways to whiten your teeth is to visit your dentist for professional tooth whitening. You deserve a beautiful white smile. Contact Dr. Bryan Cramm of Pacific Park Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Aliso Viejo, CA 949-831-4193 or www.bryancrammdds.com.
Crowns are a cap placed over a tooth to restore its strength and appearance. Crowns have several uses such as to protect a weak or broken tooth. Also, crowns are used to cover a large filling or help support a bridge. Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA lists the top 10 advantages of crowns.
- Natural Looking – Porcelain and composite crowns have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Durable – Last up to fifteen years depending on their care.
- Stain Resistant – Made from porcelain
- Cosmetic – Improve the look of broken, cracked or discolored teeth
- Non-slipping – Crowns are cemented or anchored in place
- Protection – Crowns protect the tooth from further decay
- Restorative – Restores full function of your damaged tooth
- Comfort – Stable and do not irritate gums like partial dentures.
- Speech – Missing teeth and dentures can affect speech. Crowns replace the missing teeth and do not slip around, making speech sound more clear.
- Confidence – Damaged, discolored or missing teeth causes confidence issues. Crowns help to make your smile beautiful again.
If you have a broken, chipped, stained or damaged tooth, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA provides cosmetic and restorative tooth colored restorations. With the use of tooth colored restorations you can have the smile you always dreamed of.
Crowns are a cosmetic restoration used to improve your tooth’s shape or to strengthen a tooth. Crowns are most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or have portions destroyed by tooth decay.
Crowns are “caps” cemented onto an existing tooth which fully cover the portion of your tooth above the gum line. In effect, the crown becomes your tooth’s new outer surface. Porcelain crowns are most often preferred because they mimic the translucency of natural teeth and are very strong.
Crowns are often preferable to silver amalgam fillings. Unlike fillings which apply metal directly into your mouth, a crown is fabricated away from your mouth. Your crown is created in a lab from your unique tooth impression which allows a dental laboratory technician to examine all aspects of your bite and jaw movements. Your crown is then sculpted just for you so that your bite and jaw movements function normally once the crown is placed.
For more information on Crowns or any other cosmetic restoration, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.