Tooth decay is one of the common most problems seen among patients. Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA encourages good oral health and regular dental checkups help to fight against tooth decay. The following are five tips to help prevent tooth decay.
• Fluoride Therapy: It is the delivery of fluoride to the teeth topically or systemically in order to prevent tooth decay (dental caries) which results in cavities. Fluoride Therapy delivery involves fluoride supplementation using water, salt, tablets or drops which are swallowed. Tablets or drops are rarely used where public water supplies are fluoridated.
• Brushing your teeth: Brushing and flossing properly, along with regular dental checkups, can help prevent tooth decay and gum diseases. Brushing your teeth three times a day makes your teeth stronger.
• Regular checkups with your dentist: It is very important to seek the help of a dentist since they know a lot about it. They know what to do and where to focus on your teeth.
• Dental sealant: It is the dental treatment that consists of plastic material that covers one or more teeth, for preventing of cavities and tooth decay. Dental sealants are applied in a dentist’s office.
• Dietary snacks: It is good to limit sweet snacks as excessive intake of sweets alters’ your blood sugar. If you avoid snacks, you may be depriving your body of nutrition from food. Good snacks should include healthy proteins and fats.
Make an appointment with Dr. Cramm today to ensure your mouth is as healthy as it should be. Contact his office at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Porcelain veneers offer superior benefits over other cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as dental crowns or braces. The fingernail-thin shells, which are adhered to the front surface, solve a myriad of aesthetic problems with just one treatment. Here is a list of the top 10.
- Natural looking – Porcelain is a translucent material that mimics the look, luster, and feel of enamel.
- Whiten – When adhered to the front surface of your teeth, veneers you’re your teeth look instantly whiter.
- Straighten – Veneers offer a great alternative for patients with crooked teeth who do not want to endure the process of having their teeth straightened with dental braces.
- Fix – Veneers can fill in and improve the look of teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Fill in gaps – Veneers can be customized to repair smiles with unsightly gaps.
- Youthful – A whiter, brighter, more lustrous smile can immediately you’re your face a more youthful appearance.
- Conservative – Unlike other cosmetic procedures that require removing a large portion of healthy, natural teeth, veneers can be applied with little alteration.
- Protection – Once applied, the veneers also serve to provide a protective shield to the front surface of teeth.
- Stain resistant — Porcelain is stain resistant, which will make your smile stay brighter and whiter longer.
- Gum friendly – Gum tissue is not irritated by porcelain.
For more information on porcelain veneers or any other cosmetic dentistry procedure, contact Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Inlays and onlays are frequently used to restore teeth that are severely damaged by decay or wear. They are usually applied to the chewing surfaced of the back teeth. They provide more strength than a filling and are more conservative than a full crown.
A porcelain onlay is fabricated to fit your tooth precisely and is bonded tightly in place to strengthen and protect the damaged tooth. Like a crown, an onlay covers and protects the tooth’s biting surface. Where a crown covers the entire tooth, an onlay fits inside the tooth cusps and covers only the biting surfaces. Because an onlay is fabricated in a dental laboratory, it takes two or more appointments to restore a tooth with a porcelain onlay.
If you have teeth that are damaged by decay and wear contact Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA to find out what your dental options are; 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, certain foods naturally cleanse, brighten, and defend against bacteria that can harm your teeth and gums.
The following 10 foods were recommended by the academy for a healthy, brighter smile.
- Pineapples can help whiten teeth. Pineapples contain an enzyme called bromelain, which acts as a natural stain remover. Bromelain also helps break up plaque.
- Ginger can protect against periodontal disease, an inflammatory process that causes the loss of bone and supportive connective tissue in your mouth.
- Carrots contain vitamin A, which is needed for healthy tooth enamel. Eating them raw stimulates saliva, your mouth’s natural cleanser.
- Basil is a natural antibiotic that reduces bacteria in the mouth.
- Cheese is rich in protein, calcium, and phosphorus, all of which help reduce acid in your mouth.
- Sesame seeds help “scrub” away the plaque on your teeth. Chewing nuts can also provide this coarse, scrubbing action. Sesame seeds also contain bone and teeth-strengthening calcium.
- Shiitake mushrooms contain a compound called lentinan, which inhibits bacteria from growing in your mouth.
- Onions contain the sulfur compounds, thiosulfinates and thiosulfonates, which reduce bacteria that cause tooth decay. Eating them raw is a must as cooking will destroy these tooth-friendly compounds.
- Salmon not only provides calcium but also vitamin D, another nutrient needed for healthy bones and teeth.
- Broccoli contains iron, which helps form an acid-resistant film or barrier that can protect the enamel of your teeth.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry or other ways to brighten your smile, contact Pacific Park Dental of Aliso Viejo, CA at 949-831-4193. Visit their website at www.pacificparkdental.com.
Are you tired of having yellow, stained teeth, despite your strict daily dental hygiene? You are not alone. There are millions of people suffering from the same problem. So if you brush, floss and visit your dentist regularly then why are your teeth still discolored? This happens because the outer layers of your teeth get stained over the years by consumption of beverages with caffeine, soda, wine and smoking. When these outside sources of staining are left to sit on the teeth all day until your next brushing, the dentin on your teeth becomes yellowish or darkened. The best way to help your stained discolored teeth is with one of the easiest cosmetic dentistry procedures, professional teeth whitening.
Contributing factors to yellowing, stained teeth:
- Tetracycline based antibiotics used before the age of 8 years old
- Excessive exposure to fluoride as a child
- Internal bleeding due to trauma
- Discoloration due to a health condition
- Natural aging- as time goes by enamel gets thinner and thinner and will get a yellowish hue
Simple rules to live by to try and stop the yellowing process:
- Visit your dentist regularly for teeth cleanings
- Rinse your mouth out with water several times throughout the day
- Use toothpaste with whitening agents
One of the best ways to whiten your teeth is to visit your dentist for professional tooth whitening. You deserve a beautiful white smile. Contact Dr. Bryan Cramm of Pacific Park Family & Cosmetic Dentistry in Aliso Viejo, CA 949-831-4193 or www.bryancrammdds.com.
Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA provides cosmetic and restorative tooth colored restorations. With the use of tooth colored restorations you can have the smile you always dreamed of.
Crowns are a cosmetic restoration used to improve your tooth’s shape or to strengthen a tooth. Crowns are most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or have portions destroyed by tooth decay.
Crowns are “caps” cemented onto an existing tooth which fully cover the portion of your tooth above the gum line. In effect, the crown becomes your tooth’s new outer surface. Porcelain crowns are most often preferred because they mimic the translucency of natural teeth and are very strong.
Crowns are often preferable to silver amalgam fillings. Unlike fillings which apply metal directly into your mouth, a crown is fabricated away from your mouth. Your crown is created in a lab from your unique tooth impression which allows a dental laboratory technician to examine all aspects of your bite and jaw movements. Your crown is then sculpted just for you so that your bite and jaw movements function normally once the crown is placed.
For more information on Crowns or any other cosmetic restoration, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
If you are an adult who needs braces, you may be apprehensive about getting big metal braces that are not aesthetically pleasing to the eye. You want to feel confident about your smile not only after your braces come off, but during. Invisalign invisible braces provide straightening treatment while looking your best!
Invisalign works by using a series of custom-made, nearly undetectable aligners. Whether your teeth are crowded, too far apart or have shifted, Invisalign may be right for you. Upon an initial examination, Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental, Aliso Viejo, CA will decide if Invisalign is right for you. He will then write a treatment plan and take an impression of your teeth. Thanks to the latest advances in 3-D computer technology, Invisalign carefully translates Dr. Cramm’s instructions into a series of precisely customized aligners. The aligners will move your teeth gradually week by week until you achieve the smile you have always desired.
Also, it’s important to remember that even though you may want to straighten your teeth for cosmetic reasons, straighter teeth and a proper bite are beneficial to periodontal health.
Don’t wait another day! Get those braces you’ve always needed without compromising your confidence. Make an appointment with Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
The only one who can really tell if it’s time for you to get dentures is your dentist. Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Aliso Veijo, CA has the expert knowledge and expertise to suggest dentures after a thorough examination of your teeth and mouth. If dentures are suggested by Dr. Cramm, there are several denture options available and he will help you decide which is best for you.
The following are some signs that you are a good candidate for dentures:
Severe tooth decay: if the teeth are so decayed they are beyond repair, then they will need to be pulled. If it’s only a few teeth, a bridge can be used. If a majority of the teeth are decayed or missing, a full denture would be needed.
Physical Injury: People with sports injuries or accidents which lead to tooth loss.
Periodontal disease: If teeth and gums are left untreated, periodontal disease can lead to tooth loss.
Thanks to the modern advancements in technology, dentures are not what they used to be. There are several options available from different shapes, sizes, colors and the new implant supported dentures. They are custom fitted to give you the smile you have always wanted and no one will have to know you are wearing dentures.
Don’t be afraid to get dentures! Make an appointment today 949-831-4193 or www.bryancrammdds.com.
Porcelain veneers are one of the top cosmetic dentistry procedures. The longevity of your porcelain veneers greatly depends on how well you take care of them. Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA offers some suggestions for properly taking care of your porcelain veneers.
Good Oral Care at Home: Brush and floss daily with a nonabrasive toothpaste containing fluoride. Good oral care at home helps prevent periodontitis which can cause your gums to recede. Veneers are placed right at the gum line. If your gums do start to recede the appearance of your veneers could be compromised.
Avoid excessive force: No biting your fingernails, hairpins, ice or hard candy. These types of things can break or dislodge a veneer.
No clenching and grinding your teeth: By grinding your teeth your veneers can be chipped or broken due to the force generated by these actions. If you suffer from bruxism at night, talk to Dr. Cramm about a night guard to protect your teeth and veneers.
Steer Clear of Staining Foods and Drink: Although porcelain veneers are very resistant to staining the cement used to hold them in place can stain over time. Try to avoid coffee, tea, soda, wine and tobacco.
Contact Dr. Cramm DDS 949-831-4193 for more information on porcelain veneers or to make an appointment. Visit his website www.pacificparkdental.com.
Pacific Park Dental of Mission Viejo, CA is proud to offer Implant Supported Dentures. These types of dentures are a more permanent solution to regular dentures that can slip, are painful and make it hard to eat. They are custom made to fit your mouth and needs. If you don’t need full dentures, you can get partials. There are several different types of implant supported dentures available.
How do they work?
Implant snaps are placed. The denture is then anchored to the implant snaps. This creates a more stable and comfortable fit. Two or more implants snaps can be used. The more implant snaps used, the more stable the dentures become.
What are the advantages?
- No adhesives
- Easier to chew
- More comfortable than traditional dentures
- Improved speech
- Visual appearance
- Reduced bone loss common with traditional dentures
To learn more about this revolutionary new dental procedure, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193. Visit their website www.pacificparkdental.com.