Crowns are a cap placed over a tooth to restore its strength and appearance. Crowns have several uses such as to protect a weak or broken tooth. Also, crowns are used to cover a large filling or help support a bridge. Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA lists the top 10 advantages of crowns.
- Natural Looking – Porcelain and composite crowns have the look and feel of natural teeth.
- Durable – Last up to fifteen years depending on their care.
- Stain Resistant – Made from porcelain
- Cosmetic – Improve the look of broken, cracked or discolored teeth
- Non-slipping – Crowns are cemented or anchored in place
- Protection – Crowns protect the tooth from further decay
- Restorative – Restores full function of your damaged tooth
- Comfort – Stable and do not irritate gums like partial dentures.
- Speech – Missing teeth and dentures can affect speech. Crowns replace the missing teeth and do not slip around, making speech sound more clear.
- Confidence – Damaged, discolored or missing teeth causes confidence issues. Crowns help to make your smile beautiful again.
If you have a broken, chipped, stained or damaged tooth, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Dr. Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA provides cosmetic and restorative tooth colored restorations. With the use of tooth colored restorations you can have the smile you always dreamed of.
Crowns are a cosmetic restoration used to improve your tooth’s shape or to strengthen a tooth. Crowns are most often used for teeth that are broken, worn, or have portions destroyed by tooth decay.
Crowns are “caps” cemented onto an existing tooth which fully cover the portion of your tooth above the gum line. In effect, the crown becomes your tooth’s new outer surface. Porcelain crowns are most often preferred because they mimic the translucency of natural teeth and are very strong.
Crowns are often preferable to silver amalgam fillings. Unlike fillings which apply metal directly into your mouth, a crown is fabricated away from your mouth. Your crown is created in a lab from your unique tooth impression which allows a dental laboratory technician to examine all aspects of your bite and jaw movements. Your crown is then sculpted just for you so that your bite and jaw movements function normally once the crown is placed.
For more information on Crowns or any other cosmetic restoration, contact Pacific Park Dental at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Crowns address aesthetic needs, restore tooth function, and enhance the overall health of your mouth. In cases where teeth have large broken down fillings, a crown can protect and preserve the remaining natural tooth.
To enhance your smile, a metal-free, tooth-colored crown can also replace an older metal/porcelain crown. Following root canal therapy, a crown is typically placed over the remaining tooth structure to preserve aesthetic and tooth function.
For more information on Crowns or any other cosmetic or restorative dental procedure contact Pacific Park Dental of Aliso Viejo, CA 949-831-4193 or visit the website www.bryancrammdds.com.