Tooth decay is one of the common most problems seen among patients. Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA encourages good oral health and regular dental checkups help to fight against tooth decay. The following are five tips to help prevent tooth decay.
• Fluoride Therapy: It is the delivery of fluoride to the teeth topically or systemically in order to prevent tooth decay (dental caries) which results in cavities. Fluoride Therapy delivery involves fluoride supplementation using water, salt, tablets or drops which are swallowed. Tablets or drops are rarely used where public water supplies are fluoridated.
• Brushing your teeth: Brushing and flossing properly, along with regular dental checkups, can help prevent tooth decay and gum diseases. Brushing your teeth three times a day makes your teeth stronger.
• Regular checkups with your dentist: It is very important to seek the help of a dentist since they know a lot about it. They know what to do and where to focus on your teeth.
• Dental sealant: It is the dental treatment that consists of plastic material that covers one or more teeth, for preventing of cavities and tooth decay. Dental sealants are applied in a dentist’s office.
• Dietary snacks: It is good to limit sweet snacks as excessive intake of sweets alters’ your blood sugar. If you avoid snacks, you may be depriving your body of nutrition from food. Good snacks should include healthy proteins and fats.
Make an appointment with Dr. Cramm today to ensure your mouth is as healthy as it should be. Contact his office at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Porcelain veneers offer superior benefits over other cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as dental crowns or braces. The fingernail-thin shells, which are adhered to the front surface, solve a myriad of aesthetic problems with just one treatment. Here is a list of the top 10.
- Natural looking – Porcelain is a translucent material that mimics the look, luster, and feel of enamel.
- Whiten – When adhered to the front surface of your teeth, veneers you’re your teeth look instantly whiter.
- Straighten – Veneers offer a great alternative for patients with crooked teeth who do not want to endure the process of having their teeth straightened with dental braces.
- Fix – Veneers can fill in and improve the look of teeth that are chipped or broken.
- Fill in gaps – Veneers can be customized to repair smiles with unsightly gaps.
- Youthful – A whiter, brighter, more lustrous smile can immediately you’re your face a more youthful appearance.
- Conservative – Unlike other cosmetic procedures that require removing a large portion of healthy, natural teeth, veneers can be applied with little alteration.
- Protection – Once applied, the veneers also serve to provide a protective shield to the front surface of teeth.
- Stain resistant — Porcelain is stain resistant, which will make your smile stay brighter and whiter longer.
- Gum friendly – Gum tissue is not irritated by porcelain.
For more information on porcelain veneers or any other cosmetic dentistry procedure, contact Dr. Bryan Cramm DDS of Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA at 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.
Inlays and onlays are frequently used to restore teeth that are severely damaged by decay or wear. They are usually applied to the chewing surfaced of the back teeth. They provide more strength than a filling and are more conservative than a full crown.
A porcelain onlay is fabricated to fit your tooth precisely and is bonded tightly in place to strengthen and protect the damaged tooth. Like a crown, an onlay covers and protects the tooth’s biting surface. Where a crown covers the entire tooth, an onlay fits inside the tooth cusps and covers only the biting surfaces. Because an onlay is fabricated in a dental laboratory, it takes two or more appointments to restore a tooth with a porcelain onlay.
If you have teeth that are damaged by decay and wear contact Pacific Park Dental in Aliso Viejo, CA to find out what your dental options are; 949-831-4193 or www.pacificparkdental.com.